~Mythology, Moomin, and People in the Wilderness~
The special exhibition – the Essence of Finnish Design and Culture-is now held at Utsunomiya Museum of Art.
What does Finland remind you? Moomin characters? Good designs of crafts? Santa Claus? Etc.
The exhibition shows you about 350 artworks, raging from paintings, architecture, crafts, to Moomin series.
What impressed me most were Marimekko textiles, which I thought symbolized the essence of Finnish lifestyle.
The exhibition has been traveling across Japan.
Dates and Venue
• 07 Apr. 2012 – 03 Jun. Aomori Prefectural Museum of Art
• 10 Jun. 2012 – 26 Aug. Utsunomiya City Museum of Art
• 01 Sep. 2012 – 08 Oct. Shizuoka City Museum of Art
• 19 Oct. 2012 – 24 Dec. Nagasaki Prefectural Museum of Art
• 10 Jan. 2013 – 10 Mar. Hyogo Prefectural Museum of Art
For more details about the exhibition, visit the following;
The map of Utsunomiya Museum of Art
View Larger Map